Thursday, November 27, 2014

Tiny Toes

About a month ago I decided I wanted to knit D a pair of socks. I grabbed leftover Cephalopod Yarns Bugga! in I don't know what colorway (Gorgeous? Awesome?) and cast on for some toe-uppers.
I figured with the toe-up method I could get a more custom fit for D's socks rather than just guessing and potentially having to rip and reknit. 

I used the round toe method from Cat Bordhi's book Personal Footprints for Insouciant Sock Knitters. I also paired the Bugga! with some leftover yarn from my Audrey in Unst that I knit what seems like one hundred years ago.

These socks turned out to be just the cutest things ever and slippery as heck in our house. I don't know if it's just the heel thing (like, having one) but D's socks never stay in place on his foot. I'm tempted to try some boring (brilliant?) tube socks but am not yet convinced they will fit any better. 


Now that his socks are done, I picked up some yarn to knit myself a matching pair.

The yarn is a set of Three Irish Girls Adorn mini-skeins in colorways that are custom to my knitting group (Akron Stitch n' Bitch). The colors are (from bottom to top) Canal Park, Cascade Valley, Furnace Run, and Autumn Buckeye. I also have a sweater's worth of the Autumn Buckeye and the Canal Park colors that may grow up to be more than socks!

Yarn: Cephalopod Bugga! and Becoming Art Suave Sport in Cranberry (red)
Needles: US 2.5 (3 mm)
Began: September 17
Completed: October 6


1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!