Friday, April 18, 2014

Mattress Stitch and a Discount!

So I'm sending my afternoon doing some finishing work.I know not every knitter will like this but I love mattress stitch. It's so magical how stitch stitch stitch and wham! 



Now, it didn't always work so smoothly. My very first seaming was on the sleeve of a baby sweater. I didn't use stitch markers to make sure things were lined up and when I got towards the end of the seaming, I was off by about 6 stitches. These days I'm able to follow it with my eyes a lot better and tend to use the stitch markers just when I'm seaming something odd shaped, like setting in a sleeve. 

Recently, I got the opportunity to take Craftsy's Seaming Handknits class. It was a great refresher and gave me a lot of tips I hadn't thought of or used before. Because I do enjoy finishing work, some of my patterns require the use of seaming or grafting and this class would be great to try if you have never done that kind of finishing before.  If you're interested in taking that class, use the link above and you will get the class for 25% off! 

And in case you're wondering, I'm working on a second sample of Pacific Grove. The other had an unfortunate incident with the washing machine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!