Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Where Does the Time Go?

Working full time this year has really made me reevaluate my priorities. It's also made me realize I can no longer be a doer of all things. I love my blog. When I started this 4 years ago (eek!) I had just started knitting and had finally found a creative outlet that fit. My knitting has come a long way in this time. I even have a new pattern out:


Welcome Weekender! A simple pullover with a few pops of garter stitch detail on the sides and back neckline. Around the beginning of December I was looking for a pullover to make D that would be casual but still interesting. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I designed it. 


After we got these pics done last weekend, I was looking back at the first sweater I designed, Little Fisher, and I am amazed at how quickly this little boy is growing. Time is flying and now that he's a toddler, walking, running, jumping, and talking, I'm so excited for him but also missing that baby time. 


As always, this pattern is available in sizes 6 months to 12 years for all the little and bigger kiddos in your life. 

I'm going to keep blogging, because I do love sharing my knitting with you, but if I'm not around as much know it's because being with this kid as he grows up is so important to me. 

Happy knitting!



(I also wanted to mention this sweater is knit in Malabrigo Rios. I used less than 2 skeins for the 2 year size.)

7 comments:

  1. Man, he is gorgeous. What lights in his eyes he has, beautiful skin, and a handsome smile. That is a fabulous green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous pattern. And your little man is just too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's such a little cutie! Great pullover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure how I ended up with the sleeves in the middle of the sweater with the details on the front and back? Also got confused and instead of doing garter stitch, I did reverse stockinette stitch. Nearly finished so do not want to rip.
    But I may want to do this again-what did I do wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry you're having a difficult time. On the joining round, there are a number of sts to work before the sleeve is added. Up to that point, your beginning of round marker has marked the center front. I'm guessing you skipped those sts and went straight to joining the sleeve which is why your garter st side details are in the middle. Also, garter stitch in the round is alternating knit rounds and purl rounds. This info is in the Stitch Glossary at the end of the pattern below the schematic. Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I guess I need to stop watching Downton Abbey while knitting!!!!

      Delete
    3. Haha! No need to stop watching. Pausing it for a moment might be a good idea though ... :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!