Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Mustill

I've been meaning to share this new pattern with you but things have just been getting away from me lately. Allow me to introduce a new children's pullover, Mustill. 


I designed this sweater to be D's Christmas Sweater this year. It a couple extra inches of positive ease built in for a relaxed fit that is easy to wear. D is modeling the size 2 which has a finished chest circumference of 24" (61 cm). 


The yarn used was Manos del Uruguay Serena. At my LYS it was listed as a dk weight, which it definitely is not. The gauge on this project is 28 sts = 4" on size 3 (3.25mm) needles. I'd call that more of a fingering weight. But I still love it. It's an alpaca/cotton blend which make the yarn smoother, less alpaca-y tidbits floating up to itch your nose. And the alpaca keeps the yarn soft and easy to work with. 


If you're worried about a crew neck with little ones, fear not. There's a button flap worked into the the last third of the yoke to make getting this gem on and off a breeze. 


The pattern is written for sizes 6 months to 12 so make one for every kiddo in your family! 

 You can get this pattern in my Ravelry store for $5.00.


Happy knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Serena is such a soft and lovely yarn. Love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!